Cab In The Woods Cab In The Woods

> Very poor simplistic sprites and animation, yet conveys their subject. Just too weak. 2/10
How to improve: Better sprites, closer view to allow for better detailing, extra details on road and such, possibly weather effect and wrecks/stones etc.
> Very simplistic coding and functions. Nothing really new/interesting/complex. Has a feel of a copy-paste game.1/10
Adding functions, driving effects (e.g. acceleration), giving interactive objects (e.g. barrels to burst into) would make the game more interesting.
> Very simplistic, poor storyline. 1/10
The storyline is childish at best, poor and too simplistic. While I understand sometime designers want to give either storyline or gameplay, this game failed at both.
> Very poor gameplay and control quality. 1/10
The car animation and handling, while simplistic, was simply poor. Many functions would be welcome
> Music: X
The reason I am not voting on the music is that, on its own, the music is actually good, and while fitting, still feels unnecessary and to be better on another game.

Overall: 1/5
Do note that this is for your own benefit, as I believe there is genuine capacity here - just not enough planning and effort. Try again, and good luck. Not the best way to get on the front page guys :\

Seppyb63 responds:

cheers for the review :D
1>Sprites were done with a mouse, we are not artists :D sorry bout that.
2>The game has a feel of copy paste because it was done with 1 tile engine in 48 hours, if we had the time, we would diversify a lot more, but we were caught for time massively.
3>We were going for simple.
4>can i get a guide by which you gauged the game-play ? it would be handy for future projects? if you just pulled 1/10 out of the air, cheers for that.
5>Cheers, we like the music too :D

Again, thanks for the review, feed back is one of the most important things when making games :D

Hug Marine Hug Marine

The 8-bit style was good, the use of checkpoints at the begining of each levels (usual, but rare with games made with stencyl).
The storyline is acceptable, but the game play too repetitive. And the fact that one has to go to the begining of a level for failing a jumping puzzle is harsh.

My 2 cents.

College-Ruled Universe College-Ruled Universe

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Flash Necessities Tutoral Flash Necessities Tutoral

Brilliant

While it had only simple informations gven, they were given in a direct and easy to understand manners.
Well done. Fully deserving a 9/10 and 5/5.

Jaye19 responds:

Yeah I really made sure to put the information as simply as I can to be easy to understand and thanks for reviewing :)

Freegear Freegear

Impressive

5/5
10/10
This game is a jewel. The art is fitting and well made, the game itself is smooth, the coding is well processed and it has an excellent feel of these old arcade games.
Trully a masterpiece.

Pros
Art: Perfect
Smoothness:Perfect
Sounds:Perfect
Controls: Great

Cons:
Music get's repetitive
The control are not really realistic
Game is too easy

How to improve:
Drifting should slow the car down to give more of a challenge
Visuals could be changed, but are great the way they arleady are.

Again, congratulations.

Bike Creator 2 Bike Creator 2

Pretty good

Even though the game in itself is boring, the game in itself is fully funtioning, and has a good interactivity. May I ask you what script you used for the part's colour changing when those buttons were clicked?
Asside from that,
4/5
8/10

HG WAR HG WAR

Quite nice

Really, there are some features that needs work, but the overall game is quite good.

StarCraft Demo (2003) StarCraft Demo (2003)

It's a demo.

Considering the features showed in the demo, it shows me one thing: The game's functionality, quality and smoothness will be at rendez-vous.
Thus, I give you a 9, as this game is:
fully functional
A demo, or WIP to show the things to be expected in demo
Smooth
Has a descent art quality.

MFouche responds:

Wow, you just got the high score!

Thx for the review.

Putting Mad Putting Mad

...

The game was alright, but there were some issues:
-At a time, the game stopped responding. NOT my pc.
-The loading was long simply due to the sponsor
-There were other issues I wont state.
I am sorry I cannot give a better review, but I have to be fair.
For such a game, 5 is all you get.

Prawn of the Dead Prawn of the Dead

Interesting

Fun at first, but in the long run, gets repetitive and boring. Nice concept. Nice art.