Xionic Madness 4 Part-3 Xionic Madness 4 Part-3

Amazing serie, storyline, and episodes. Amazing end and start. A must see.

Zom Zom

M-moving and impriessive. Left me a bit shaky. The music was perfect, the animation good, the storyline perfect. This could turn into a very promising serie.

TOME Episode 04 TOME Episode 04

Pretty damn good.
10/10 on the animation, the smoothness, quality and character design, as well as the background
10/10 on plot, sound and functionality

THe only issue is the staggering size of this animation.

Cab In The Woods Cab In The Woods

> Very poor simplistic sprites and animation, yet conveys their subject. Just too weak. 2/10
How to improve: Better sprites, closer view to allow for better detailing, extra details on road and such, possibly weather effect and wrecks/stones etc.
> Very simplistic coding and functions. Nothing really new/interesting/complex. Has a feel of a copy-paste game.1/10
Adding functions, driving effects (e.g. acceleration), giving interactive objects (e.g. barrels to burst into) would make the game more interesting.
> Very simplistic, poor storyline. 1/10
The storyline is childish at best, poor and too simplistic. While I understand sometime designers want to give either storyline or gameplay, this game failed at both.
> Very poor gameplay and control quality. 1/10
The car animation and handling, while simplistic, was simply poor. Many functions would be welcome
> Music: X
The reason I am not voting on the music is that, on its own, the music is actually good, and while fitting, still feels unnecessary and to be better on another game.

Overall: 1/5
Do note that this is for your own benefit, as I believe there is genuine capacity here - just not enough planning and effort. Try again, and good luck. Not the best way to get on the front page guys :\

Seppyb63 responds:

cheers for the review :D
1>Sprites were done with a mouse, we are not artists :D sorry bout that.
2>The game has a feel of copy paste because it was done with 1 tile engine in 48 hours, if we had the time, we would diversify a lot more, but we were caught for time massively.
3>We were going for simple.
4>can i get a guide by which you gauged the game-play ? it would be handy for future projects? if you just pulled 1/10 out of the air, cheers for that.
5>Cheers, we like the music too :D

Again, thanks for the review, feed back is one of the most important things when making games :D

Hug Marine Hug Marine

The 8-bit style was good, the use of checkpoints at the begining of each levels (usual, but rare with games made with stencyl).
The storyline is acceptable, but the game play too repetitive. And the fact that one has to go to the begining of a level for failing a jumping puzzle is harsh.

My 2 cents.